I am at Closing the Gap this week and am scouting out what's new and exciting in Assistive Technology. While, uncharacteristically, there are not a lot of new products being lauded and launched at CTG, there are a few that really deserve a mention. My favorite AT tool for students is a new writing tool, WriteOnline from Crick Software. The best of it's many features include:
- Completely online, this tool will be a boon to educators who have to worry about whether installed software will conflict with their network.
- Additionally, students will easily be able to login at home to finish up writing begun at school.
- The program features a very MS Word like toolbar (with standard features, like spell check and mispelling cues), text to speech, word prediction, WordBar banks, and writing frames.
- Students can even access their work without an internet connection, if they have been logged in within 3 days.
- Teachers will love the available analysis of document statistics and history, including whether students have pasted text in and a record of spelling errors and corrections.
- The program is completely switch accessible!!
Take a tour of all the features at http://www.learninggrids.com/us/WriteOnlinePage.aspx Free 30 day trials are also available at the website.